Re: [Exim] empty exinext?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Adam Henry
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] empty exinext?
On Thu, 1 May 2003, Adam Henry wrote:

> Here is the output for exinext:
>
>    # exinext test@???
>    No remote hosts found for test@???
>    No retry data found for test@???

exinext is just a script that runs exim_dumpdb and post-processes the
output. The definitive data can be obtained by running exim_dumpdb.

Alternatively, try

exinext 10.10.10.10

because (depending on the way you have set up the routers) there may be
only the IP address in the retry data.

> Second part to my question: How do I recreate my retry file, or at
> least convince Exim that it should create one (I deleted it after
> stopping Exim in an attempt to refresh the retry db).

Exim will rebuild the db files if you delete them. They are only hints,
not vital data.