Re: [Exim] Mysql?

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Nico Erfurth
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mysql?
> >>Sorry, but IMHO this is weird, storing mails in a mysql-database is just
> >>.... don't know how to tell you, it's SICK.
> >
> > Ok, which is worse, me wanting to log to SQL or him storing emails in sql?
>
> Him, but yours isn't better ;)
> But this is MY personal opinion.

That's kinda what I thought.

> > If it was possible, I'd use that at work for scripts to view logs.
>
> What does it gain you to log to mysql?
> Even MySQL logs to a textfile ....... think about it.

Yes, it does, however, the log file is a static structure and basically only
shows you commands it's doing. I was thinking along the lines of
mod_log_mysql for apache (or whatever it was). I guess it'd be too hard for
exim since not every line is the exact same format.

The way I see it, if I thought about it, someone else probably would too =)

I could code this, but it's not important enough for me to bother with.
Just going to be one of those ideas that more likely won't be reality.