Re: [Exim] Mysql?

Author: Michael Roterman
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mysql?
Yes this is sort of correct. I am using a mail system called hivemail.com
Basically, the program receives mail through a catch-all address that pipes
the mail to a PHP script that either adds the message to the db or sends
back a bounced error message via the php mail() function. So, exim thinks
that I am the sender of the mails and when they fail it sends all bounced
messages to my admin account.

They way I see it, is that there are three ways to handle this.

Tell exim to send all error messages back to the sender (in this case my php
script (nobody@???)) instead of my admin account
(account_name@hostname).

Stop all e-mail that has a faulty sender address (this is what I thought the
sender_verify option did, but it doesn't seem to work)

Third is to create as you said a director that checks if the user exists.
This is why I needed the mysql connection as my user list is in a mysql
database. Not really sure how to do this as I am afraid that re-compiling
exim will break my cpanel installation.

Really appreciate your help!

Michael