[Exim] smtp_accept_max_per_host question

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nico van der Dussen
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] smtp_accept_max_per_host question
Hi,

I'm using a lookup to get a value for smtp_accept_max_per_host for a
particular host - with great success.

Is it possible to defer a host even if there is no current connection to
that host? The manual says that 0 means "unlimited" connections
allowed. Maybe -1 would work, but I don't want to experiment with
possible "undocumented features"

The idea is that I use a cron to swop files with the data for the lookup.
During office hours I can have a very strict setup with whom I'm
prepared to talk without "loosing" mail because I defer the delivery
rather than deny, and after hours, I can open up for "problem
servers" and receive all the defered mail. Bandwidth is extremely
expensive in South Africa...

Thanks

Nico

N van der Dussen