[Exim] user name db

Author: Holger Nilsson
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] user name db
I am using Exim 3.36 under Linux in a setting where incoming mail is
saved in the users' Unix mailboxes (flat files) in the spool directory
/var/spool/mail. This has worked well for a long time.

I have now run into problems when I created a new user with the
user name 'db'. It turns out that the MTA (I think) used a directory
named db under /var/spool/mail where is stores files retry,
retry.lockfile, wait-remote_smtp, and wait-remote_smtp.lockfile.
There thus appeared a conflict between the existing directory db and
the expected delivery file db.

What is the appropriate solution for this problem? Is there a way to
rename the directory (or to move it)? Or do I have to rename my
user? I have tried to go through the specification without any luck,
but I suppose there is an answer somewhere...

Holger
--
Holger Nilsson
Department of Physiology