Re: [Exim] Syntax clarification @@lsearch*

Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: Peter Ang
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Syntax clarification @@lsearch*
On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 05:25:06PM +1000,
Peter Ang <Peter.Ang@???> is thought to have said:

> I have the following line in my v4.14 ACL:
>
> deny senders = @@lsearch*;/name/of/the/file
>
> which points to a file with format:
>
> domain1    test1:test2
> domain2    test1:test2
> domain3    *

> I know the deny statement works because I have tested it but I have
> searched every relevant chapter of the docs and can't figure out what
> the "@@" means.

grep and doc/spec.txt are your friends. :)

From section 10.12 of the spec:

.   If a pattern starts with '@@' followed by a single-key lookup item (for
     example, "@@lsearch;/some/file"), the address that is being checked is
     split into a local part and a domain. The domain is looked up in the
     file. If it is not found, there is no match. If it is found, the data
     that is looked up from the file is treated as a colon-separated list of
     local part patterns, each of which is matched against the subject local
     part in turn.

     The lookup may be a partial one, and/or one involving a search for a
     default keyed by '*' (see section 9.4). The local part patterns that are
     looked up can be regular expressions or begin with '*', or even be
     further lookups. They may also be independently negated. For example,
     with

       deny senders = @@dbm;/etc/reject-by-domain

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality