Re: [Exim] SMTP talk

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Matt Bernstein
CC: Exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] SMTP talk
On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Matt Bernstein wrote:

> >> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2821.txt
> >
> >OUCH :)
> >Sorry, just copied it from the mozilla history, it was too early in the
> >morning, I didn't even had a coffee
>
> Neither of you addressed the question, which did say "easy to follow"..

The new Exim 4 book is being printed - actually, I think it is now at
the stage of being bound. There is a chapter in it which describes
Internet mail and this includes a description of the SMTP protocol. This
is the same chapter that appeared in the old Exim 3 book.

For an online text, see http://cr.yp.to/smtp.html