Re: [Exim] SMTP talk

Author: Nico van der Dussen
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP talk
Hi,

> >> Nico [E], you should know better than that!
> >>
> >> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2821.txt
> >
> >OUCH :)
> >Sorry, just copied it from the mozilla history, it was too early in
> >the morning, I didn't even had a coffee
>
> Neither of you addressed the question, which did say "easy to
> follow"..

At the bottom of http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2821.txt

D.1 A Typical SMTP Transaction Scenario This SMTP example
shows mail sent by Smith at host bar.com, to Jones, Green, and
Brown at host foo.com. Here we assume that host bar.com
contacts host foo.com directly. The mail is accepted for Jones
and Brown. Green does not have a mailbox at host foo.com.
S: 220 foo.com Simple Mail Transfer Service Ready
C: EHLO bar.com S: 250-foo.com greets bar.com
S: 250-8BITMIME
S: 250-SIZE
S: 250-DSN
S: 250 HELP
C: MAIL FROM:<Smith@???>
S: 250 OK C: RCPT TO:<Jones@???>
S: 250 OK C: RCPT TO:<Green@???>
S: 550 No such user here
C: RCPT TO:<Brown@???> OK
C: DATA
S: 354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
C: Blah blah blah... C: ...etc. etc. etc.
C: .
S: 250 OK
C: QUIT
S: 221 foo.com Service closing transmission channel

Thanks
Nico