Re: [Exim] How to invoke queue runners the right way

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] How to invoke queue runners the right way
Marc Haber wrote:

>>The question is, what IS "frequently", once per hour? once per day?
>
> About once per 10 minutes. The machine in question is the mail hub
> server of an ISP on modest hardware (P3-650/256MB) and runs amavis-ng.
> To avoid load spikes, queue_only_max is set to 5 and thus tripped
> frequently (almost each time when a customer MTA decides to run its
> queue).

You should use queue_only_load instead.
Another problem is, that amavis_ng will be run for every recipient of
the mail (or am I wrong?). Maybe you should use exiscan instead.

> We start queue runners every thee minutes, and have queue_run_max set
> fairly high though.

Well, so stay with the normal queue-runners, in your case -qq won't buy
you anything because the mail is routed to amavis anyway.

Nico