[Exim] Problems using "condition" in a router block

Author: Ralf G. R. Bergs
To: exim-users ML
Subject: [Exim] Problems using "condition" in a router block
Hi there,

I have the following as my router for virtual mailboxes:

virtualuser:
driver = accept
# Don't fail if passwd doesn't exist; skip to next router
condition = ${if exists{/etc/exim/virtual/${domain}/passwd}{true}fail}
domains = lsearch;/etc/exim/virtual/domains
local_parts = lsearch;/etc/exim/virtual/$domain/passwd
transport = virtual_delivery
local_part_suffix = -*:+*
local_part_suffix_optional = true

Of course I don't want an error message and freezing of messages if there
isn't a passwd file for certain domains that lists virtual mailboxes (I want
to be able to just have an alias file,) but I would like Exim to pass control
to the next router (and possibly ultimately bounce the message instead of
freezing it.)

Why doesn't the above "condition" statement do the trick?!

Before I changed it to the above I had

condition = ${if exists{/etc/exim/virtual/${domain}/passwd}{true}{false}}

but that didn't help either. :-(

Help?!

Thanks,

Ralf