Re: [Exim] How to invoke queue runners the right way

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] How to invoke queue runners the right way
Marc Haber wrote:

> all exim installations I have ever seen (including the ones I have
> built myself, which is the vast majority) either run exim -q<num>m or
> have a cron job invoking exim -q on a regular basis.
>
> I am wondering if it would be useful to use -qq<num>m or exim -qq from
> cron instead to allow multiple messages to be delivered down a single
> SMTP session.

In the usual case, this will not help very much, when the message failed
the first time, exim will note this in the retry-db, when your
queue-runner starts, and sends the first message to another host, it
should check the retry-db anyway and look for more messages it can send
down the same channel.

Nico