Re: [Exim] FWIW: *Unofficial* Exim 4.14 packages for Debian …

Author: Ralf G. R. Bergs
To: exim-users ML
Subject: Re: [Exim] FWIW: *Unofficial* Exim 4.14 packages for Debian 3.0 aka stable aka Woody
On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:46:42 +0200 (CEST), Leonardo Boselli wrote:

>> I've prepared Exim 4.14 packages for Debian for my own use. Because they

work
>> great for me since a week or so I thought they also might be useful for

others,
>> so I've put them up on
>>
>> http://ADSL-Bergs.RZ.RWTH-Aachen.DE/~rabe/debian/
>>
>> Use at your own risk, DON'T bother the upstream developer or the official

Debian
>> maintainers, don't even bother me. ;-)

>Sorry for bothering ... but these programs WHERE put mainlog ?
>/var/log/exi* is empty ! (althougt deliver in both ways is ok)

Well, they log to /var/log/exim/mainlog on several systems I run, so I don't
know why it doesn't on yours. Is this a fresh install? Or did you upgrade from
a previous (official maintainer-version) of Exim? Maybe it's just that
/var/log/exim has been created with incorrect permissions?

Here's how mine looks like:

# ls -la /var/log/exim/
drwxr-s---    2 mail     adm          4096 Apr 28 06:25 .
[...]
-rw-r-----    1 mail     mail         9645 Apr 28 21:53 mainlog

HTH(?),

Ralf