Re: [Exim] vrfy feature request

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: jwsacksteder
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] vrfy feature request
On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 08:05:31AM -0400,
jwsacksteder@??? <jwsacksteder@???> is thought to have said:

> >. The point of recipient verification is to answer the question "can I
> >delivery this message to this address?" Again, successful routing gives
> >some of the answer, and callforward helps with additional information.
> >

> In my specific case, Exim mailhubs for an internal Exchange server that
> accepts all messages at RCPT. After it accepts delivery, it realizes the
> address is undeliverable. I want Exim to be able to refuse delivery at
> the gateway when first receiving it. Exchange can be configured to use
> VRFY, so I wanted an option to make it configurable for cases such as this.
>

> When talking to Exchange, RCPT doesn't tell you anything useful.

Use LDAP to lookup your valid email addresses on the exchange server (or in
ActiveDirectory if that's what you use). There's a sample config for doing
this with Exchange 5.5 server that I contributed some time ago

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality