Re: [Exim] vrfy feature request

Autor: jwsacksteder
A: exim-users, ph10
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] vrfy feature request

>. The point of recipient verification is to answer the question "can I
>delivery this message to this address?" Again, successful routing gives
>some of the answer, and callforward helps with additional information.

In my specific case, Exim mailhubs for an internal Exchange server that
accepts all messages at RCPT. After it accepts delivery, it realizes the
address is undeliverable. I want Exim to be able to refuse delivery at
the gateway when first receiving it. Exchange can be configured to use
VRFY, so I wanted an option to make it configurable for cases such as this.

When talking to Exchange, RCPT doesn't tell you anything useful.