[Exim] exiscan and clamav

Author: Simon Bell
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] exiscan and clamav
Hi

Im trying to get exiscan to scan for viruses using clamav.

When exim encounters an incoming email is outputs the message:

2003-04-27 12:02:01 199kr2-0000ft-PA temporarily rejected by exiscan():
Temporary local problem (error parsing returned output).

As far as i can see from my clamav log exim never actually touches
clamav, or at least if it does it isnt being logged. My exiscan settings
from my exim config file is:

exiscan_condition = 1
exiscan_crypt_salt = mo
exiscan_av_condition = 1
exiscan_av_scanner = clamav
exiscan_av_clamd_socket = /tmp/clamd

I placed this in the general settings part of my config file, as i read
it it doesnt go into an acl or router. Or am i wrong?

thanks
Simon
--
[ smime.p7s of type application/x-pkcs7-signature deleted ]