[Exim] amavis's virus alerts being rejected w/ Exim 4

Author: Dan Egli
To: exim-users, amavis-user
Subject: [Exim] amavis's virus alerts being rejected w/ Exim 4
I posted this before, but I'm not sure it went through. If this is a
duplicate to you, I'm sorry.

I'm trying to figure out why when Amavis generates a message about a
virus in an email, it doesn't make it through Exim, but is rejected as
an unroutable address.

Observe the log entries here. This is a message I sent to her, not Amavis:

2003-04-26 13:53:40 199Vjv-0008Nq-00 => sueegli@??? R=lookuphost
T=remote_smtp H=mx00.comcast.net [24.153.64.1]
2003-04-26 13:53:40 199Vjv-0008Nq-00 Completed

As you can see, it went through. Now, when amavisd creates a message:

2003-04-26 14:05:00 199Vuu-0000FA-00 <=
postmaster@??? U=amavis P=scanned-ok S=2287
2003-04-26 14:05:00 199Vuu-0000FA-00 ** sueegli@???: Unrouteable
address

Anyone ever encounter this before?

How do I fix it? It partially defeats the purpose of having AMaViS if I
cannot send virus emails.

--- Dan