[Exim] Migration from Exim to Qmail is complete!

Author: Avleen Vig
To: exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [Exim] Migration from Qmail to Exim is complete! (WAS:Migration from Exim to Qmail is complete!)
Subject: [Exim] Migration from Exim to Qmail is complete!
Wow.
After lots of planning, and much testing, I finally gathered the courage
to run a plan to move the Qmail maildirs to Exim, and flip on Mailman.

The only "problem" was getting the Mailman install to work wrt the
MAIL_GID setting for Mailman, but apart fro mthat it was very very
smooth sailing.

I ended up writing my own web interface for the people I host domains
for, to admin their domains from.
This took a lot less time than I thought it would, and it tied nicely in
with the MySQL database used for usernames, homedirs, passwords, etc.
I might release this of anyone thinks it's worth it, if there's demand
for this type of thing. I find it pretty useful for hosting multiple
domains.

I'm also thinking about putting up a migration plan as I couldn't find a
very complete one (thank you to the folks who assisted me with this,
your help was invaluable :-)

--
Avleen Vig                   "Say no to cheese-eating surrender-monkeys"
Systems Admin                "Fast, Good, Cheap. Pick any two."