Re: [Exim] conf example of more than one SMTP auth server?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dan Jacobson
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] conf example of more than one SMTP auth server?

N> On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Dan Jacobson wrote:

>> The conf file template assumes at most only one SMTP auth server. But
>> what about two? Any pointers how to write one if one uses two
>> different ones? Couldn't figure it out from the spec doc.

N> Use lookups to get the data from a file, check the $host and $host_address
N> variables for a useful key.

My mental skills are limited in that I need a cookbook example of what
strings to put in what files. I can only grasp simple stuff these
days it seems.

D> We needed to do just this so I just wrote a simple perl script

D> fixed_login:
D>         driver = plaintext
D>         public_name = LOGIN
D>         server_prompts = "Username:: : Password::"
D> server_condition = ${run{/usr/local/sbin/exim_auth $1 $2 USER}{yes}{no}}
D> server_set_id = $1

D> USER is a macro but the script takes the arguments and returns a exit(0) or
D> a exit(1) depending on the result

D> The script does several lookups from various databases etc..

D> This seems to work very well

Not only does this seem beyond my comprehension, it also seems to be
some kind of special solution whereas there is a more general way
one is supposed to do this, but without the cookbook documentation
necessary for us simple users.

P.S. I use debian.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780