Re: [Exim] Frozen Messages - Newbie Needs Help]

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Yann Golanski
A: mpierce
Cc: Exim
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Frozen Messages - Newbie Needs Help]
--
Quoth mpierce on Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 00:48:13 +1000
> > exim -d9 -M 197tRC-0004kB-00
>
> Here's is output as requested:

Try it without the 9 as it will produce something more compact.. then
try it with 9 if you still don't understand what it says. Just a
thought.

> root@libranet:/home/mpierce# exim -d9 -M 197tRC-0004kB-00
> [...]
> LOG: 0 MAIN
> remote host address is the local host: exim.org
> smarthost router: error for exim.org
> message: remote host address is the local host
> [...]
> post-process exim-users-admin@??? (8)
> LOG: 0 MAIN
> == exim-users-admin@??? R=smarthost defer (-1): remote host
> address is the local host

This is your error. Somewhat, your DNS is telling Exim that exim.org is
the localhost. You have some DNS issues or your localdomain list is
somewhat boggus.

> Here is output as requested, once again:
>
> root@libranet:/home/mpierce# exim -Mvb 197tRC-0004kB-00
> 197tRC-0004kB-00-D
> This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).

>   mrpierce@localhost
>     unknown local-part "mrpierce" in domain "localhost"
>     (FYI - my emails addresses are: mpierce@???,
> mrpierce@???, mpierce@303Sport and mpierce@???

Now, this is a totaly different problem. There are a few good fetchmail
+ Exim FAQs on the net -- see www.exim.org for more info -- that will
tell you how to configure it properly. As for outgoing mails, i
strongly suggest you have a router that send ALL your none-local mail to
your ISP servers -- mail hubbing.

> IMHO - it seems to be some sort of alias problem but as I am so new to
> exim, just a thought.

*shrugs* Who knows. Of course when you were testing your new
configurations, you did make a change and then test it didn't you? Sure
you did, otherwise it'll be mad wouldn't it? ...

--
yann@???                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   009D 7287 C4A7 FD4F 1680  06E4 F751 7006 9DE2 6318