Re: [Exim] SMTP Auth against /etc/master.passwd on FreeBSD

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jez Hancock
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim Users List
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] SMTP Auth against /etc/master.passwd on FreeBSD
On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 11:35:33AM +0400, Alexander Sabourenkov wrote:
> Note that you don't need to install all of SASL, nor you need to compile it
> all. You need only do:
>
> ./configure --with-pwcheck
> cd pwcheck
> make
> cp pwcheck /usr/local/sbin
>
> mkdir /var/pwcheck
> chown mail:mail /var/pwcheck
> chmod 750 /var/pwcheck
>
> pwcheck
>
> and if at that stage you have an exim binary compiled with
>
> CYRUS_PWCHECK_SOCKET=/var/pwcheck/pwcheck
>
> in Local/Makefile,
>
> you are ready to go. Use
>
> server_condition = "${if pwcheck{$2:$3}{1}{0}}"
>
> for AUTH PLAIN and
>
> server_condition = "${if pwcheck{$2:$3}{1}{0}}"
>
> for AUTH LOGIN.

Thanks Alexander - to be honest I think I'll go with this option and build pwcheck alone from
the cyrus-sasl suite and authenticate against it as you mention above. I did read about that
option in the auth section of the 4.14 refdocs here:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.10/doc/html/spec_2.html#IX29

and here:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.10/doc/html/spec_11.html#IX655

The fact exim has an interface to pwcheck built in makes it very appealing.

Best Regards,

Jez