Re: [Exim] Quoting "$pipe_addresses" in pipe command

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: I. Forbes
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Quoting "$pipe_addresses" in pipe command
Hello Philip

On 17 Apr 2003 at 17:16, Philip Hazel wrote:

> "sh:" suggests that this error is coming from a shell. Where are you
> invoking a shell? The pipe transport you quoted does not invoke a
> shell itself.
>
> My guess is that the problem lies in /usr/local/lib/pyscan/pyscan.py.

The first line of this script is:

#! /usr/bin/env python

Which is a recommended method of starting the python interpreter.

I have tried changing the "command" line in the pipe transport in my
exim.conf file to

  command = "/usr/bin/python \
         /usr/local/lib/pyscan/pyscan.py \
         -f<$sender_address> \
        $pipe_addresses"

I still get the error:

------ o'reiley@??? ------

sh: -c: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
sh: -c: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file

It seems the python interpreter does not like what exim is sending
it. I am not sure which one generates the error message. Either way
there does not seem to be an easy solution.

I am looking at some work arounds:

The easiest seems to be to use "envelope_to_add" to save a copy of
the destination addresses in the message and then parsing them out
with the scanning script.

An early version of "exiscan" used a "queue only" option on exim and
the command "exim -Mc <message-id>" to deliver individual messages.
Would this break exim's standard retry behaviour? What about it's
behaviour with "queue_only_load" and "deliver_queue_load_max"?

I have not looked at Exim 4. Is there anything in it which might make
this job easier?

Thanks

Ian

Ian Forbes ZSD
http://www.zsd.co.za
Office: +27 21 683-1388 Fax: +27 21 674-1106
Snail Mail: P.O. Box 46827, Glosderry, 7702, South Africa