Re: [Exim] Problem with unqualified rcpt after upgrading 3.3…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Soeren Gerlach
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problem with unqualified rcpt after upgrading 3.35 -> 4.14
On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Soeren Gerlach wrote:

> it is now possible for a external MTA to send a mail a'la
>
>    rcpt to: <"spamtest@???>

> which wasn't the case with the 3.35 version.

Since that is a perfectly legal address, it should have been accepted by
3.35.

> I tried various settings to change but nothing fixed this issue. My config
> file is included, any help is greatly appreciated.

Take a look at the default configuration file for Exim 4 (in
src/configure.default). The ACL that is provided locks out local parts
that contain a number of legal but "troublesome and unusual" characters,
including @. Just copy the "deny" statement to the start of your RCPT
ACL.