Re: [Exim] SSL relaying (solved)

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Kai Hendry
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Tony Earnshaw, exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] SSL relaying (solved)
On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 06:34:55PM +0200, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> You write well and graphically in excellent English. You describe your
> situation perfectly; you'll make a good journalist :-)

Thank you for the compliment. I don't get those very often. I am
actually a native English speaker, but people have assumed I am Finnish,
so I should hear good things more often really... :)

> SpamAssassin modification. At the moment, all I use it for is for a
> private MTA. Most people on the list would advise you to update to
> Exim
> 4, if you want to go ahead with it and take it seriously.

I use whatever Debian unstable throws at me. I only like to use
packages. Easy to install, Easy to remove, and of course a whole host of
other reasons.

> done at the command line, it uses things like perl regexes, the
> configuration follows the whims of a Cambridge doctor of mathematics,
> supported by his disciples, of which I'm proud to call myself one.

I know python regexes very well. I dislike perl very much. ;)

> or what's coming next), subscribe to the list, do lots of reading of
> doc/spec.txt, NewStuff and filter.txt and expect no help unless you
> ask
> enlightened questions.

I can read specs and what have you. But I don't have the time. I see a
big gap in the market if all we have if there monster fast complicated
MTAs(postfix, exim, sendmail,courier). I just want to forward mail to an
smtp service and let them worry.

I don't want to be the post office, just the sender!

I have it working now (I hope) btw:
http://db.cs.helsinki.fi/~hendry/log/pyblosxom.cgi/email/sslsmtp.html

Regards,
-Kai