RE: [Exim] FWIW: *Unofficial* Exim 4.14 packages for Debian …

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Ralf G. R. Bergs
To: exim-users ML
Neue Treads: Re: [Exim] FWIW: *Unofficial* Exim 4.14 packages for Debian 3.0 aka stable aka Woody
Betreff: RE: [Exim] FWIW: *Unofficial* Exim 4.14 packages for Debian 3.0 aka stable aka Woody
On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:35:09 -0400, Dickenson, Steven wrote:

>> But those weren't an option for me since they don't run under Woody
>> (or do they?!)
>
>I believe they'll compile and build under Woody. Check the debian/control
>file in the source package for compile dependencies.

Ok, will do as soon as I have some spare time.

>> What does "Debian's pool" mean?
>
>Every Debian package is in a general pool for all releases. Each release
>then has a reference file that tells apt which package version in pool
>belongs to that release. Go to any Debian FTP server, and go to the pool
>directory. There you'll find every package in alphabetical directories.
>I'm not sure if every experimental package is in the pool, but all the
>stable, testing, and sid packages are there.

Thanks. I believe this is new? I can't seem to remember having seen this in
the past...

Anyway, I forgot to mention that my package also has the sa-exim patch
included as a dynamically loaded scan_local() function. This invokes
SpamAssassin during SMTP-time so that spam doesn't even get accepted by the
mail server, but is bounced before the connection is closed. Very nifty!

--
   L I N U X       .~.
  The  Choice      /V\