RE: [Exim] FWIW: *Unofficial* Exim 4.14 packages for Debian …

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Dickenson, Steven
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: 'Ralf G. R. Bergs', 'exim-users ML'
Αντικείμενο: RE: [Exim] FWIW: *Unofficial* Exim 4.14 packages for Debian 3.0 a ka stable aka Woody
> But those weren't an option for me since they don't run under Woody
> (or do they?!)

I believe they'll compile and build under Woody. Check the debian/control
file in the source package for compile dependencies.

> What does "Debian's pool" mean?

Every Debian package is in a general pool for all releases. Each release
then has a reference file that tells apt which package version in pool
belongs to that release. Go to any Debian FTP server, and go to the pool
directory. There you'll find every package in alphabetical directories.
I'm not sure if every experimental package is in the pool, but all the
stable, testing, and sid packages are there.

Steven
---
Steven Dickenson <sdickenson@???>
Network Administrator