Re: [Exim] Help with acceping underscore in FROM:

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Dennis Davis
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Help with acceping underscore in FROM:
>From: Drav Sloan <holborn-exim@???>
>To: exim-users@???
>Cc: Paul Walsh <Paul.Walsh@???>,
>    'Jeff Clark' <jclark@???>
>Subject: Re: [Exim] Help with acceping underscore in FROM:
>Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:29:25 +0100

>Philip Hazel wrote:
>> > RTFM .... helo_allow_chars = _
>>
>> No, that applies only to HELO arguments.
>>
>> The only way to fix up malformed SMTP commands, which is what this is,
>> is to use an "SMTP time" rewrite. Check out the "S" flag for rewriting
>> rules.
>
>It is worth noting that a hostname containing '_' is illegal by DNS
>RFC.

And mail domains, don't forget mail domains. RFC2821, section 2.3.5
is fairly explicit on this. I'm running with an acl of the form:

# This access control list is used after the DATA command.
check_message:

# We want kosher headers in messages.
require verify = header_sender
require verify = header_syntax

accept

to try and lock things down. And it's just failed an outgoing
message because of the mail domain culverhay_boys.dialnet.com that
some clown has registered...I'm suddenly reminded of a line from my
quotes file:

Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them.

>Of course the only hosts that seem to use them are Microsoft
>based OSes. :(

Quite. Heres's another quote I saw earlier today:

I love the way Microsoft follows standards.  In much the same manner
that fish follow migrating caribou.
         -- Paul Tomblin
         -- http://home.xnet.com/~raven/Sysadmin/ASR.Quotes.html

...sometimes I don't know why I bother...oh well, at least the beers
in my fridge will greet me with a friendly smile when I get back
home...