Re: [Exim] kernel: application bug: exim(19929) has SIGCHLD …

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: John Burnham
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: prashant, exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] kernel: application bug: exim(19929) has SIGCHLD set to SIG_IGN but calls wait().
prashant wrote:
> HI,
>
> I have installed linux 9.0

switch pedant:
There is no Linux 9.0. We're on Linux 2.4.(something)
switch nopedant.

>and exim 3.26 I am getting error as below.

This is a very old version of Exim. Perhaps 4.14 would suit you better
?

> kernel: application bug: exim(19929) has SIGCHLD set to SIG_IGN but
> calls wait().
>

> kernel: (see the NOTES section of 'man 2 wait'). Workaround

activated

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/release-notes/x8
6/

<quote>
A new system message has been added to Red Hat Linux 9:

application bug: <app-name>(<app-pid>) has SIGCHLD set to SIG_IGN but
calls wait(). (see the NOTES section of 'man 2 wait'). Workaround
activated.

This message (which is displayed on the system console and/or in the
system log files) indicates that the application is not completely
standards compliant with respect to its handling of child processes.
If
you see this message, you should alert the application's developers.
</quote>
And, if you check the list archives, you'll see this was discussed
about 2 weeks ago. You'll also note that 4.14 onwards has this
behaviour fixed.
John