Re: [Exim] relay mail to different port on same host

Top Pagina
Auteur: gcrothers
Aan: Tamas TEVESZ
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] relay mail to different port on same host
Many thanks

That did the trick....

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tamas TEVESZ" <ice@???>
To: <exim-users@???>
Cc: "gcrothers" <gcrothers@???>
Sent: 17 April 2003 12:36

> > > Am I correct?
> > > if so any guidance please??
> >
> > Well, it's exim3 .... you could try to use an smartuser-director, that
> > uses a smtp-transport with fixed host values. (Does this work with

exim3?)

> or you could add the domain in question to relay_domains, and just
> route it, again with a specially crafted transport. the mx record for
> the domain should point to your box, and you might need to use `self'
> in the router accordingly.

So finally then here is what I did

removed intranetdomain.com from the localdomains list.

add intranetdomain.com to the relaydomains

added a transport
####transport##
internal_smtp:
driver = smtp
port = 26

added a router
####Router####
smart_route:
driver = domainlist
transport = internal_smtp
route_list = "intrandetdomain.com 127.0.0.1 byname"
self = send

set up my intranet application to listen on port 26

set the mx records for intranetdomain.com to point to my mail server

Thanks again to all who replied,

I'll go back to lurking now

regards
garry crothers