Re: [Exim] more on RBL's

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Dennis Davis
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] more on RBL's
>From: Nico Erfurth <masta@???>
>To: Ron McKeating <R.J.Mckeating@???>,
>    Exim-users <Exim-users@???>
>Subject: Re: [Exim] more on RBL's
>Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:19:58 +0200

>Well, blacklists can't catch all spam, they just can protect you
>receiving mail from most probably abused servers.
>
>Currently I'm using this setup with exim4
>
>deny    message  = host is listed in $dnslist_domain ($dnslist_text)
>         dnslists = list.dsbl.org:\
>                    sbl.spamhaus.org:\
>                    relays.ordb.org

>dsbl.org is a great list, sbl blocks most notorious spammers, and ordb
>sometimes catches what else was left through.
>
>What really helped here, was the list from wirehub.nl
>deny   message = Host or address listed in \
>                    http://basic.wirehub.nl/spamlist.txt
>        senders = cdb;/etc/exim/spamlist.cdb:*@cdb;/etc/exim/spamlist.cdb

>It does a great job on catching new spammers.
>I don't know if the wirehub list can be used with exim3,

Shouldn't be a problem. You would use the sender_reject_recipients
main configuration parameter. A line of the form:

sender_reject_recipients = cdb;/etc/exim/spamlist.cdb : \
                           *@cdb;/etc/exim/spamlist.cdb

will be the rough equivalent of the above. Don't forget to set the
recipients_reject_except main configuration parameter to ensure mail
to postmaster gets through. I've not tested the above as we've now
switched to exim4.

>but believe me, you will not regret an upgrade to exim4.

Agreed, exim4 ACLs are *much* more flexible and well worth any
upheaval in the transition. I moved our stuff across by setting
up a test machine and thoroughly testing that before we went live.
Thia was well worth doing.