Re: [Exim] more on RBL's

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nico Erfurth
To: Ron McKeating, Exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] more on RBL's
Ron McKeating wrote:

Please always CC the list.

> are the these one you use  dnslists = list.dsbl.org:\
>                    sbl.spamhaus.org:\
>                    relays.ordb.org

> free or do I need a subscription ?

Free.

> Doh! Idleness creeping in here, I have just gone on to google and looked
> them up for myself, which is what I should be doing rather than wasting
> you time.

;)

> Can I just clarify how this bit works
>
> What really helped here, was the list from wirehub.nl
> deny   message = Host or address listed in \
>                    http://basic.wirehub.nl/spamlist.txt
>        senders = cdb;/etc/exim/spamlist.cdb:*@cdb;/etc/exim/spamlist.cdb

> Do you download the text file from the url then exim_createdb on it, if
> so how often do you have to download the list.
>
> Really appreciate your advice Nico, I have about 15,000 students and I
> am doing my best to protect them from spam.

I use a small perl-script which starts once per hour, and rsyncs the file.

exim_wirehub.pl:

###--------------------------------------------------------------------------

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;
use CDB_File;

`rsync -z rsync://doema.wirehub.nl:6666/spamblock/spamlist.txt \
/etc/exim/spamlist.txt`;

open(DATA,"/etc/exim/spamlist.txt");

#Wirehub list
my $cdb = new
CDB_File("/etc/exim/spamlist.cdb","/tmp/spamlist.tmp".rand(1000000)) ||
die "Can't open CDB-file";

while(my $spammer = <DATA>) {
         chomp $spammer;
         $spammer =~ s/#.*//;
         next unless $spammer;
         $spammer =~ /^(.*)[\s\t]+(.*)$/ || next;
         $cdb->insert(lc $1,$2);
};

$cdb->finish() || die "Failed to finish cdb-file";

You shouldn't run the script at the full hour, just use some random
minute of the hour, because the wirehub rsync-server is overloaded
sometimes, because everyone downloads the new file at x:00 ;)

Nico