Re: [Exim] Patch for WishList #38 and more syslog features

Autor: Oliver Gorwits
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Patch for WishList #38 and more syslog features
Folks,

I forgot one more thing that I changed :-)

If you multiplex the syslog streams from a number of Exims, then
the [x/y] prefix of split messages can be ambiguous when
reconstructing log entries as Exim intended them.

The patch changes this to [x/Message-ID] and if the message ID
hasn't been set then it makes one up (using the new sub-second
accuracy formula).

This feature may not be to everyone's taste, but I thought I
ought to share, nonetheless.

regards,
oliver.

p.s. did those attachments work okay? or is mutt playing silly
beggars with me. hmmm.

--
Oliver Gorwits, Network Software Group
Oxford University Computing Services