[Exim] Exim 4.14 and Netscape

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Mike Richardson
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [Exim] Exim 4.14 and Netscape
In case it hasn't already been mentioned a change in the exim code
between 4.12 and 4.14 means that Netscape 4 (for Unix only I think)
has problems sending mail if verify = header_syntax is turned on.

According to the Changelog:

37. verify = header_syntax was allowing unqualified addresses in all
cases... etc

However Netscape seems to set the sender field to be the local user
as opposed to their email address. Actually I think that the correct
behaviour would not to have a sender field according to the RFCs but
never mind, this is netscape.

So, *shock horror*, netscape is a little broken and we had an upsurge
of complaints when we moved to exim 4.14 just recently.

So in the spirit of sharing the solution is to add the following line to the
$HOME/.netscape/preferences.js and $HOME/.netscape/liprefs.js files:

user_pref("mail.suppress_sender_header", true);

Netscape MUST be shutdown before doing this.

Hope your users appreciate being told this. Not all of ours did - some
insist that our MTA is broken :-)

Mike

--
-----Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival.------
Copyright 2002       Mike Richardson, Room G98, Manchester Computing