Re: [Exim] Smarthost configuration

Top Pagina
Auteur: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Aan: azzip
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Smarthost configuration
On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 07:38, Sean W. Kuyper wrote:
> Hello,
> I decided to use a smarthost to get my mail off my system (and hopefully
> be able to send to AOL). The SMTP server I have access to uses pop before
> smtp to prevent relaying, and I was wondering if there was a way to get
> around this, and if not, anyone know of a service that would provide Auth.
> SMTP service?Thank you,

If your webhost uses pop before smtp chances are they advertise AUTH
too. Telnet to port 25 on their smtp server and issue an ehlo.

EHLO sean.example.com

Watch for stuff like

AUTH PLAIN LOGIN etc

Then see http://www.hserus.net/exim.html

If they only do pop before smtp, stop your exim from running queues by
itself. Have a script (called from /etc/ppp/ip-up.local if dialup, or
from cron) which does something like -

fetchmail
sleep 10
exim -qff