Re: "CacheFlow Server" HELOs, was Re: [Exim] FAQ(4) Q/A5023…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Larry Rosenman
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Alan J. Flavell, Dennis Davis
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: "CacheFlow Server" HELOs, was Re: [Exim] FAQ(4) Q/A5023 about ident

--On Tuesday, April 15, 2003 15:21:09 +0100 "Alan J. Flavell"
<flavell@???> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Dennis Davis wrote:
>
>> Almost totally unrelated, but I see lots of connections from
>> ""CacheFlow Server" to our mail servers. Usually their HELO
>> messages announce themselves to be the same IP address as the server
>> to which they are connecting.
>
> I've just checked our logs on that basis, and I agree that a
> proportion of the CacheFlow proxies are indeed doing that (about 10%
> of them in a recent week). But there's plenty which don't, so I'd
> recommend the ident test (in addition, or instead, at your
> discretion).

Is there an RBL list for the open CacheFlow proxies? I know CacheFlow
changed their
code a NUMBER of years ago to allow protection, but apparently some folks
don't read
release notes or upgrade code :-(.