"CacheFlow Server" HELOs, was Re: [Exim] FAQ(4) Q/A5023 abo…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Alan J. Flavell
To: Dennis Davis
CC: exim-users
Alte Treads: Re: [Exim] FAQ(4) Q/A5023 about ident
Betreff: "CacheFlow Server" HELOs, was Re: [Exim] FAQ(4) Q/A5023 about ident
On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Dennis Davis wrote:

> Almost totally unrelated, but I see lots of connections from
> ""CacheFlow Server" to our mail servers. Usually their HELO
> messages announce themselves to be the same IP address as the server
> to which they are connecting.

I've just checked our logs on that basis, and I agree that a
proportion of the CacheFlow proxies are indeed doing that (about 10%
of them in a recent week). But there's plenty which don't, so I'd
recommend the ident test (in addition, or instead, at your
discretion).