Re: [Exim] minor check_group misfeature

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Ken Olum
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] minor check_group misfeature
On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Ken Olum wrote:

> I think that check_group should only check the group of the file if
> the file is group-writable. Currently (4.14) check_group is enabled by
> default if modemask allows group-writable files, which makes sense,
> but if the actual file in question is not group-writable, it wouldn't seem
> to matter.

There are two check_group options: on the redirect router and on the
appendfile transport. As you mention "modemask", I assume you are
talking about the router.

The default is complicated enough (for historical reasons) without
adding an additional "oh, by the way, the check only applies if the
actual file is group writeable". If I were doing it now, I don't think I
would have included the modemask check - in other words I would have
made it the same as check_user, which is simpler and easier to
understand.

If I made the change you suggest, it would take away the facility of
forcing a group check (by setting check_group=true) whatever the other
settings. Some sysadmins might want to do this.

Therefore, I don't like the idea of changing this.