[Exim] Odd error message

Top Pagina
Auteur: Mike Richardson
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] Odd error message
Hiya,

I'm running an authenticated SMTP mail service and I'm getting the
error message as below from some of the incoming connections.

SMTP syntax error in "\200L\001\003\001"

The server is exim 4.04 and its configured to accept only authenticated
connections and supports SSL.

Has anyone seen this error before? Its probably associated with Outlook.

I'm sure it is not an exim problem but I would like to know what
is going on so hopefully I can give our users some constructive
advice above and beyond "use another email client".

Thanks

Mike
--
-----Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival.------
Copyright 2002       Mike Richardson, Room G98, Manchester Computing