[Exim] Saving mail locally on backup mx

Top Pagina
Auteur: Wakko Warner
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] Saving mail locally on backup mx
I have 2 mailservers, both are backup MX for the other. They both have the
same users (but not the same alias file unfortunately). Both are exim 4.14

On one of the backup MX's, I'd like to drop all mail to a local user and still
forward to the primary. I have this working already, however, I can't seem
to get the bounces correct.

If I email myself (animx.eu.org address) from the backup (veg.animx.eu.org),
everything works fine. However, if I email an alias that doesn't exist I
want the bounce to appear only for the actual address, not the one locally.

I have a router setup on veg.animx.eu.org:
localdrop:
        driver = accept
        domains = animx.eu.org
        unseen
        no_verify
        transport = animx_drop

The transport does a pipe to exim to mail it to thelocal address. Errors
get frozen (this was my 3rd attempt which failed).

I tried using the redirect router with "errors_to =" so it wouldn't bounce,
but unfortunately, errors_to went to the dnslookup router so bounces never
would get sent. I had data set to $local_part@$primary_hostname.

If I simply leave the errors_to with the redirect router, the sender will
see an error for the local address (or both) if it doesn't exist.

Any good way of doing this?