[Exim] OT pcretest.1 help

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Tony Earnshaw
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [Exim] OT pcretest.1 help
Hi list,

Thanks to Tamas, I've just discovered pcretest. Brilliant.

Normally I'd do 'cp pcretest.txt /usr/local/man/man1/pcretest.1' and I
would be able to do 'man pcretest'.

However, Philip was so friendly as to install a formatted pcretest.txt.
So to be able to use 'man' on it, pcretest.1 had to be vi'ed to
substitute two escapes ('\') for each one in his formatted text,
otherwise the 'man' command leaves out the escapes in Philip's text. No
problem (apart from having to install the GNU groff 1.18 source first,
instead of the shootty RH 1.17 rpm version which corrupted everything
anyway, grrr.)

What I'd rather do, is get back the pre-*roffed man text from Philip's
formatted text, so that 'man' or 'nroff -mandoc' could on that without
my having to intervene. I don't know what that original man-format's
called, shame on me.

So, how do I get non-gzipped man-format text the formatted pcretest.txt?

Sorry, really. I've tried about all I could think of and searched on the
web - never had to do it before. If this is so OT that it can't be
answered here, could someone please mail me off list?

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

I love RH Linux. But RH rpms, source and
otherwise, fsck up my RH Linux system.

I hate RH rpms. In fact, I hate and detest
all rpms from everyone, everwhere.

I love compiled source code. Compiling and
installing source code always works.

Anybody invented the wheel, lately?

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl