[Exim] SpamAssassin not filtering in Exim

Author: John Miller
To: exim-users, spamassassin-talk
Subject: [Exim] SpamAssassin not filtering in Exim
Good morning Everyone,

I've recently setup a mail server running Exim to filter mail and
forward it to our existing mail server. Mail is going through, but
SpamAssassin wasn't adding anything to the headers. I changed the config
to change the subject, and that isn't working either.

I'm not sure if Exim isn't feeding it to SpamAssassin properly, or if
SpamAssassin isn't working right. I'm running exim v3.35, and
SpamAssassin 2.20-1woody (installed via apt-get).

Please help me so we can filter spam all weekend.

Thanks,

Configuration reading below.

exim v 3.35

spamassassin 2.20-1woody (via apt-get)

/etc/default/spamassassin

enabled = 1

options ="-F -S 0"

/etc/spamassassin/local.cf

required_hits    7.5

rewrite_subject 1

subject_tag      **SPAM**

report_safe      1

use_terse_report 0

use_bayes        1

auto_learn       1

skip_rbl_checks 0

use_razor2       1

use_dcc          1

use_pyzor        1

ok_languages     all

ok_locales       en

excerpted from exim.conf

#Transport for SpamAssassin

spamcheck:

driver = pipe

command = /usr/sbin/exim -oMr spam-scanned -bS

transport_filter = /usr/bin/spamc

bsmtp = all

home_directory = "/tmp"

current_directory = "/tmp"

user = mail

group = mail

return_path_add = false

log_output = true

return_fail_output = true

prefix =

suffix =

spamcheck_director:

no_verify

condition = "${if and { {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} {!eq
{received_protocol}{spam-scanned}}{!eq

{$received_protocol}{local}}}{1}{0}

driver = smartuser

transport = spamcheck