Re: [Exim] How to exclude some hosts from dnslist access lis…

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] How to exclude some hosts from dnslist access lists?
On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 18:46:56 +0200, Nico Erfurth <masta@???>
wrote:
>Marc Haber wrote:
>> Would the dnslists condition be evaluated if the host is inside the
>> whitelist? Would it be if it where not? Or is it only planned to have
>> a single condition per access list entry?
>
>Make it
>
>deny message = rejected
>      !hosts = your : whitelisted : +hosts
>      dnslists = black.list.example

>Exim uses short-circuit-evaluation on ACLs, so when an entry returns
>false, the processing will be stopped and handed to the next statement.

Thanks, that works fine. While this makes it necessary to add the
whitelist to any acl entry that should honor the whitelist, this
actually nicely documents the fact. It is, however, a little more
error prone.

Nevertheless, Philip is still invited to think about my goto/label
suggestion in the original e-mail starting this thread.

Greetings
Marc