Re: [Exim] $value in hosts= acl

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: John Jetmore
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] $value in hosts= acl
John Jetmore wrote:

> I want to flag the message as tripping this, and provide the TXT record
> "Insecure host..." as part of the header. This was a breeze when I was
> doing DNS lookups (which had special variables), but doesn't seem to be
> working for file lookup. Here's my ACL:
>
>   warn message = X-RBL-hit-at: $value
>        log_message = RBL-hit $value
>        hosts = net-cdb;GRULESD/cdb.rblhosts.cdb

> This works in that the X-RBL-hit-at: header gets added to the mail, but
> it's always empty:

$value is only valid inside of the current lookup, you can use
$host_data, added in exim 4.11:

<NewStuff>
If a "hosts" condition is satisfied by means of a lookup, the result
    of the lookup is made available in the $host_data variable. This
    allows you, for example, to do things like this:

         deny  hosts = net-lsearch;/some/file
               message = $host_data
</NewStuff>