Re: [Exim] routing defer (-42): retry time not reached

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Kerry Seibold
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] routing defer (-42): retry time not reached
Kerry Seibold wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am located in Ballina in Australia.
> I am new to the list so I hope I am not asking a question that everyone is
> tired of.
> I recently set up an exim3 mailserver, and now have the following problem:
>
> 2003-04-09 19:02:01 1932k8-0003ae-00 == admin@??? routing defer (-42):
> retry time not reached

Something happened before, that made it impossible to deliver this
mails, exim will retry it later, you can use
exinext admin@???
to find out when this will be.

> This has been going on for days.
> Can anyone tell me:
> what is the probable cause? and how can I dump these stuck emails?

run
exim -d9 -M 1932k8-0003ae-00
this will try to deliver the mail and if somethign goes wrong, it will
show you enough debug output to find the problem.

Youc an clean your whole queue with exim -qff

Nico