Re: [Exim] 'Unrouteable mail domain'/sporadic MX lookup fail…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Adam Newby
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] 'Unrouteable mail domain'/sporadic MX lookup failures
On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Adam Newby wrote:

> > So you want never to bounce messages? Even if you accidentally send one
> > to wronglocalpart@??? ?? THAT is the problem...
>
> We would rather have this happen, and have Exim (a piece of software) do
> some unnecessary work,

Sure, there's no problem with sofware doing unnecessary work - that's
what it's for :-) but the point is that you aren't telling your sender
immediately when a genuinely bad address is used. That, IMHO, is wrong.

> NB: we're seeing quite a few intermittent 'unrouteable mail domain' errors
> - is this normal, in your experience?

Not at all normal. Vanishingly rare, in fact.