Re: [Exim] 'Unrouteable mail domain'/sporadic MX lookup fail…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: adam
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] 'Unrouteable mail domain'/sporadic MX lookup failures
On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Adam Newby wrote:

> Unfortunately, given that this problem appears to occur intermittently,
> the fact that Exim cannot be made to retry is a problem for us, as
> messages keep bouncing back and have to be resent. We deliver information
> to customers via email, and if Exim cannot be made to retry, we'll have to
> try to put systems in place to pick up the bounces and re-send the
> message. It would be easier for us if Exim could be reconfigured to get
> the desired behaviour.

So you want never to bounce messages? Even if you accidentally send one
to wronglocalpart@??? ?? THAT is the problem...

> I'm going to experiment with modifying lookuphost.c to defer the message
> if no MX or A records are found, and will let you know what transpires.

As Nico says, you may be able to do this without modifying the code, by
a cunning use of the dnsdb lookup and a redirect router. But again, it
will also defer those messages that are actually incorrectly addressed,
instead of bouncing them.