Re: [Exim] problems setting up exim+spamassassin+cyrus imap

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Derek Stevenson
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] problems setting up exim+spamassassin+cyrus imap
Ack! I'm retarded. I mistakenly set user=mail instead of user=exim (DUH!). When user=exim in the sa transport all works as expected, quite handy dandy. Sorry for the confusion! Thanks to Kirill, Patrick, Matthew, and Tony for their patience and helpfulness.

Would it be useful to detail my setup process on this newsgroup, e.g. how to configure exim plus cyrus plus spamassassin? I suspect other more advanced users (read: more competent) haven't had the problems I have run into, but as a relative newcomer I found it difficult to find all the right information to glue these pieces in place. Let me know and I can put together a howto.

Thanks again,
Derek

At 03:05 AM 4/4/2003, you wrote:
>Derek,
>
>In your spamcheck transport you have the following:
>
># must use a privileged user to set $received_protocol on the way back in!
> user = cyrus
> group = mail
>
>The cyrus user most likely can not set the $received_protocol so the
>mail keeps looping back into the spamcheck_router router. Try using:
>
>user = root
>
>and see if that works.

My exim.conf contains a 'never_users = root' and when I set user=root for the sa transport the exim log states 'User 0 set for spamcheck transport is on the never_users list'. If I clear the never_users setting and retry the email, everything works fine! That's good, but I assume the never_users=root is on purpose... Should I leave never_users=root? Can I subsequently give the mail user permission to set the $received_protocol in the transport? Right now if I set 'user = mail' on the transport, I don't think it properly sets the $received_protocol.