Re: [Exim] problems setting up exim+spamassassin+cyrus imap

Author: Matthew Palmer
To: Derek Stevenson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] problems setting up exim+spamassassin+cyrus imap
On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Derek Stevenson wrote:

> http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/config_docs/exim4_spamassassin.html

[...]
> the relevant parts of my exim.conf below). However, now it looks like
> inbound email to my main domain name gets stuck in some sort of infinite
> routing loop (I killed the mailserver, restarted exim without the SA
> router, and got an email that had about 40 'Received-by' headers), drives

> cyrus for inbox delivery; and 2) once that's functional, how do I configure
> which mailbox to deliver the email to based on the headers written by SA
> (e.g. a spam subfolder)?

Write sieve rules to filter the spam into somewhere else. Cyrus docs should
cover that.

> Thanks in advance, apparently this config isn't very common as I've been
> scouring the web for example configs but haven't had much luck.

Most people, once it works, breathe a great big sigh of relief and go on to
other things.

> # Spam Assassin
> spamcheck_router:
>    no_verify
>    check_local_user
>    # When to scan a message :
>    #   -   it isn't already flagged as spam
>    #   -   it isn't already scanned
>    condition = "${if and { {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} {!eq
> {$received_protocol}{spam\
> -scanned}}} {1}{0}}"

I'd try putting that condition on a single line. Looks like the best bet so
far.

Of more help would be a log snippet containing the details of a looped mail,
and perhaps a non-looped SA-processed mail (one delivered to an alias).
That'll allow an analysis of what's going on with received protocols and
whatnot.

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16