Re: [Exim] Another small patch, please comment

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: michael
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Another small patch, please comment
michael@??? wrote:

> Actually, Exim does not seem to need the NUL at many places, with
> printf() functions being an exception, otherwise string_cat() would
> append a trailing NUL in all cases. I know strncpy doesn't do that,
> but it works on fixed size arrays, unlike the Exim string functions.

How about a store_cat/store_append function?

> While talking about it: Does Exim never free memory? I know the processes
> are short lived, so there is no long-term leak, but it still looks odd
> to me.

It does not free memory, but it reuses it. Search the code for
store_reset. store_reset either returns the current "stack"-pointer or
sets it. So the memory can be reclaimed if it isn't needed anymore, and
exim does avoid reallocationg memory all the time.

Nico