Re: [Exim] Relay Problem

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Kirill Miazine
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Eduard Coman
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Relay Problem
Eduard Coman wrote:
> >Remember - you will probably miss some mails in the long run. You should
> >still try that RAV test I mentioned, the one that I expect will make RAV
> >send the message to foobar@krot and not the two original recipients
> >(with a modified envelope sender as well).
> >
> This problem was solved for quite some time.

Under a year ago the problem was present. In a message dated 10 Apr 2002
I read following (sent from GeCAD guy in response to my problem report):

    > > Dear Sir, The e-mail is not sent to the addresses from the
    > > "Bcc:' field because that field is removed by exim before
    > > sending the mail file to RAV. And, unfortunately, RAV was not
    > > using the addresses passed by exim in ravexim_filter when it
    > > inject the mail file back to
    >
    > Aha! That's why sender address sometimes was changed - RAV was
    > using address in From: field, right?

    Yes...actually after the scanning I execute 'sendmail -oMr mail-ok
    -i -t' and the mail file is injected in the sendmail stdin...so,
    after the scanning, the mail is sent only to the addresses which
    sendmail find in the mail header. With the new executable and
    modifications the addresses are concatenated: from mail header +
    from the command line.

That guy gave me so the URL to the new ravexim, but it was for linux
only, no OpenBSD version was available, so I found a better solution for
that problem.

> RAV reads now correctly the sender and the receiver(s) addresses from
> SMTP commands (not form "From:" and "To:" headers).

Very nice! So RAV for Exim works like ravpostfix - it receives the
message by SMTP, scans it and then sends it by SMTP, right? If so, maybe
I should go back to ravexim. :)

Finally, let me say that your software is excellent.

--
Kirill Miazine, Stud. Jur.
Faculty of Law, University of Oslo