Re: [Exim] Relay Problem

Author: Joseph Kezar
To: exim-users, Roy Coates
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Relay Problem
I had RAV for exim and we hated it. Our load went high all the time. If a
ravupdate failed, it left the engine running but not scanning for anything.
So we had to turn of the automatic cron'ed ravupdate(we ran it by hand and
watched for any 'connection failed' messages).

In the long run, we switched to exiscan with ClamAV and SpamAssassin. So
far this seems to be the best of all our configurations yet. For load sake
we only scan(for spam and virruses) outbound - to - inbound traffic.